Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Help

My fridge was literally bare. Seriously. A half a loaf of bread. A cucumber. A few carrots.
Ummm... Ranch Dressing (maybe?).

But there were some Honey Nut Cheerios in the pantry. Oh, wait - that's right - no milk.

I took a three day vacation; soaking up every word in Kathryn Stockett's, The Help.

What children? You're Hungry? Go mooch off the neighbors.

What's that husband? You'd like some clean clothes? Just rub the baby food off one of the dirty shirts. See? Good as clean.

Yes. It was that good.

4 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. I get WAY into books like that too. Also when I start a new TV series my kids become very neglected. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read. maybe i'll start tomorrow...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael - Glad to know I'm not the only one. Now I'm playing catch up with my week. It was worth it though.

    Shar - You should definitaley read it. It was really good. How is California? I think I saw on Gaylene's wall that you are coming out for WIFYR. Is that right? Who's workshop are you going to go to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book helped me to realize that my stories do have an important place, somewhere, and that maybe by getting them out there, someday I can contribute and inspire people like Stockett did. It's one of the great ones.

    ReplyDelete